Working from home is becoming more and more common these days. Not only are employers jumping on board to save money on in-office expenses, but employees and entrepreneurs are seeing the huge benefits.
Let’s take a look at three major advantages to working from home:
- No commute. Not having a daily commute to and from work has a few advantages.
- You save on gas. This is pretty obvious. Working from home means you are saving on gas and thus money because you are not travelling to and from the office each day.
- You save on car maintenance. This is also obvious. Less miles on the vehicle means less oil changes, less miles on the tires, less wear and tear on the vehicle in general.
- You save on time. You are not wasting time in your vehicle each morning and evening. This gives you more time at home with your family, to run errands, or just time to yourself.
- No work clothes. This also has a couple of advantages.
- You save on money. Without having to purchase business attire or even uniforms for your job, you can wear whatever you want at home.
- You save on shopping. You do not having worry about keeping up with trends or spending time each season shopping for work clothes.
- You may make your own schedule. Depending on the job you are doing from home; whether it is remote through an employer or working for yourself, you may be able to set your own schedule and rearrange as needed.
- You have more time with family. You may be able to work around your children’s, spouse’s, partner’s, or someone else’s schedule that you live with which can be very helpful to everyone in the house.
- You can work when you are most productive. If you are working for yourself, you can set your own hours and work when you work best. Maybe the 9am – 5pm schedule does not work for you because you feel more productive in the evenings. Working for yourself from home means that you can work the times that are most effective for you.
So, here we have some nice reasons to work from home. But, with all of the good comes some bad as well. Nothing is perfect and working from home is no exception. It requires discipline and hard work, just like any other job.
What other advantages do you enjoy as an at-home worker? How has working from home changed your life? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!